Review:Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin(Serpent and Dove #2)

 

    Title: Blood and Honey
    Author: Shelly Mahurin
    SeriesSerpent and Dove #2
    Genre: Romance,Fantasy fiction,Young Adult
    

      





When life is a choice between fighting or fleeing– every moment life or death– everything becomes a weapon.

This book was one of the most anticipated release of 2020 ,not only mine but of many people as I saw on Goodreads. It is the sequel to Serpent and Dove which cocooned me in its warmth for a very long time. The story follows where Lou ,Reid and other main characters are hiding and are trying to gather allies against Morgan(Lou's mom).They are certain that Morgan will strike again and want to gather all their strength and resources as much as they can get to fight against her. While the first book was warm, light flirtatious this one isn't. This books is somewhat different .Along with an amazing story it gives us a deep look in the minds of our main characters and makes us feel what they are feeling. Its a type of book which grips you from the very first page and you are just waiting for the shoe to fall any moment till the last.

Source: Instagram

                                 
I loved how the main characters developed in this book. We get to know the characters more deeply in this book. While Lou is trying to protect Reid and control her errant magic Reid is struggling with the fact that he is now a witch. He is still mourning the death of Archbishop and is reluctant to use his magic no matter what the voices in his head said. The tension between Lou and Reid is so thick that I can practically feel it.

            The brotherhood had never been weaker. The crowd had never been larger. And the stakes– they’d never been higher.”

A variety of new characters are introduced in this book and I have a feeling that they are going to play an important role in the 3rd book. Yeah you read correctly there is going to be a third book. I know this was supposed top be duology but now it's going to be a trilogy .A part of me is happy about this but in truth I pretty confused when the book end and the story ,I was like what happened next? Where  are the rest of pages .Anyway I'm the type of person who never says no to more books required that the writing is great and the story too.

Things I missed in the book was Lou's humor, the fun and flirty relation between Reid and Lou and the pub song Big Tiddy Liddy (I missed it ,it was mentioned just once).Nevertheless I am anxiously waiting for the next book(how cannot I be after that ending).

Will you be picking Blood and Honey? Tell me in the comment below.

Review of Serpent and Dove

Comments

  1. Your review is so detailed, I love it! Will definitely give this book a read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great .Just make sure to read the first book before.
    Thanks for stopping by ☺

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts