New Year Book Tag

Hello everyone and a very Happy New Year.I wanted to do a book tag as they are really fun and New
Year's related tag sounded perfect.I founded two of them - one's originally created by Bookables and the second one was created by Char Frears's but I saw this from Jessethereader. I really liked both of them so I made a hybrid of both book tags.So here we go

1.How many book are you planning to read in 2020?

I normally read 100 to 115 books per year (from past two years).The amount of books which I'll this year depends on how busy I'll be.This year I'm going to stick with 60 books as with the ongoing in college I don't have much time to read.The number may increase if I stumble upon some amazing  book.😋

2.Five books you will make a priority in 2020?
My five priorities are-
 
 The Fault in our Stars by John Green
My friend suggested it to me last year.She said its amazing and I started reading this book but I don't remember why I stopped .This year I'm gonna complete it.
Synopsis: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that her brought her a few years,Hazel has never been anything but terminal ,her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis.But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group ,Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


The Girl On the Train by Paula Hawkins
The Indian adaption movie on this novel is going to be released this year so I want to finish the book before movie release.
Synopsis:Rachel catches the same commuter train every morning.She knows it will wait at the same signal each time,overlooking a row of back gardens.She's even started to feel like she knows the people who live in one of the houses."Jess and Jason", she calls them.Their life -as she sees it -is perfect.If only Rachel could be happy.And then she sees something shocking.It's only a minute until the train moves on,but it's enough.Now everything's changed .Now Rachel has the chance to become a part of lives she's only watched from afar.Now the'll see shes's more than just a girl on the train.  

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Synopsis:World-renowned Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is summoned to Swiss research facility to analyze a cryptic symbol seared into the chest of a murdered physicist.What he discovers is unimaginable:a deadly vendetta against the Catholic Church by a centuries -old underground organization -the Illuminati .In a desperate race to save the Vatican from a powerful time bomb,Langdon joins forces in Rome  with the beautiful and mysterious scientist Vittoria Vetra. Together they embark on a frantic hunt through sealed crypts,dangerous catacombs,and deserted cathedrals,and into the depths of most secretive vault on earth...the long forgotten Illuminati liar.

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Synopsis: Ketterdam :a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price-and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could bring him rich beyond his wildest dreams.But he can't pull it of alone ...
Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the the world and destruction -if they don't kill each other first.

The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie
I'm huge Christie fan and play as I've heard is amazing.Its the world's longest running play.Though the only experience I have with plays is of Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice  and Bernard Shaw's Arms and the Man(both were in school syllabus )
Synopsis:A group of strangers is stranded in a boarding house during a snowstorm ,one of whom is a murderer!

3.What genre do you want to read more of ?
I love to read psychological thrillers,mystery and historical romance .I'll stick to these .But this year along with these I'd like to try my hand at some promising books of different genres .Also,I've decided to read 6 classics and atleast 1 biography this year. 

4.Three non-book related goals for 2020?
Oh that really easy coz I've got so many but the 3 I'm going to focus on are
  # Get an Internship
  # Grow up my Bog as its basically a new one and need so much of work
  # Work towards obtaining a better version of myself

5.A book you've had forever that you still need to read?
It's The Year's Midnight by Alex Benzie. I had purchased this from a book fair .The book as I've read the reviews sounds good but personally I think its quite hard for me to follow. Nevertheless,I'm going to give it a go .Hopefully I'll finish it.

Synopsis: In the late 18th century ,the Sottish village of Aberlevin ,a man is unjustly hanged. Enraged ,the townsfolk destroy the clock tower and halt the time.A century later,watchmaker William Leckie is commissioned to repair the clock , and unwittingly unleaches a tidal wave of hostility and hypocrisy.

6.An author you'd like to read that you've never read before?
I'd like to read Cassandra Clare(pen name of Judith Lewis) .I've heard so much about her books .I've yet to purchase my copy Lady Midnight,yeah that's I'm going to try out.I am panning to read it in my summer break.

7.A classic you'd like to read this year?

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Synopsis: As soon as Anne Shirley arrives at the snug white farmhouse called Green Gables,she is sure she wants to stay forever ...but will Cuthberts send her back to the orphanage? Anne knows she's not what they expected -a skinny girl with fiery red hair and a temper to match.

As I stated before I want o read 6 classics and going with this one first will be amazing because I loved reading a story from this book in my childhood.

8.A series you want to read from start to finish?

 I want to read Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan this year.I'll read the primary works only that's 5 books .In 2017 I watched the first movie on Percy Jackson and it was quite enthralling so I've decided to read this series and join the adventures of Percy Jackson and his demigod friends as they fight and mythological monsters and the forces of the Titan lord Kronos.

9.A series you want to finish that you've already started.
 I've started His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman .I am already halfway through the 1st book The Northern Lights  and so far it is enticing.

Taking across multiple universes,His Dark Materials  grounds itself in the journey of  a 12-year old girl ,Lydia Belacqua with a knack of lying.She and her daemon travels through multiple universes in search of kidnapped children and a mysterious element called 'Dust'.

10.One word to describe your 2020?
For an entire year? How about Explore .I am basically going to explore my surroundings and even my inner strengths because my Dad always says ,"Believe in yourselves ,there's a lot of skills you have got."I have yet to find what I am best at . I like adventures so maybe I'm going to find some adventure near me so that  I can get out of my monotonous life .

I hope you enjoyed reading these tags .I'd love to know your answers so please do so in the comments below .And tags as many friends as you want to .Hope you have a wonderful year.
                              Happy New Year!
-xoxo Aditi 



























































































Comments

Popular Posts