Daughter of the Pirate King Duology by Tricia Levenseller

You all don't  know this but I am a huge fan of Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I came across this book series when I was re-watching the movies probably like for 3rd or maybe 4th time. On reading the synopsis I thought this book was going deliver a good amount of sword fight ,ancient treasures and all that adventure lured me in. Do you fascinate hidden treasures and pirate rivalries? Most importantly, do you like to read books which put a huge grin on your face? If yes, then this series is for you.

This is a duology i.e. a two book series.

1.Daughter of the Pirate King
 
There will be plenty of time for me to beat him soundly once I’ve gotten what I came for
 
In the first book we follow our protagonist Alosa , who is the daughter of the pirate king. The pirate king rules the sea with an iron fist and sends Alosa on a mission to find the piece of a map which will lead them to a mysterious island which has tons of treasures. So we follow Alosa story who is taken a prisoner(well of her own making) on the ship where she had to find the map.
Staying prisoner on the ship must not be a hard thing right? That's what she thought but trouble comes in the form of ship's first mate Riden. He makes the whole book such a fun I don't know how to explain.
Alosa presents a strong ,badass, witty character . Many people say that she's female Caption Jack sparrow but I don't. Alosa is if anything a mix of Barbosa's cunningness and Jack Sparrow's wit . Riden is a perfect swoon worth character. The flirty banter between them is awesome and it makes you turn pages. 
 ”You’re a woman. Act like it. You shouldn’t be saying such foul-“
“I’ll say whatever I please. I’m not a lady, I’m a pirate!”


Alosa and Riden fanart 
(P.C. Instagram)

 

2.Daughter of the Siren Queen

Well,I think by reading the title you can guess the involvement of sirens in this book. In the first book Alosa finds all the pieces of the map and now its time to go for the treasure .A secret is revealed which change certain plans Alosa has and makes her question her father. Now,Alosa has taken the crew prisoner on which she was one initially , but Riden is still a distraction in her life(A good one I would say).

"Have you decided you want to be a permanent member of the crew, then?" I tease.

"Aye, Captain." He lifts the tricorne off my head and runs his fingers through my hair. "I'll sail with you anywhere. I don't care where we go it what we do as long as I'm with you
 This book has to much of swashbuckling fun. We get to see more of Alosa's female pirate crew .Its a adventure filled sea tale of action, mingled with sirens and romance.


This duology for me was really a fun read. The world of pirates and sirens which the author built was awesome. It had so many dimensions that enjoyed. These are one of those books which pull you in from the very first page and don't let you go until the last.
If you are looking for a fun-light hearted book which could make you smile then look no further! Lets hoist our flags and sail over to far away lands .

Will you be picking this series or have you read it already ?Tell me in the comments below.







 

Comments

Popular Posts